Price includes GST.
Tong & Peryer traces its origins back to 1878, when it began trading as S.T. Tong – Cabinetmaker & Undertaker. Mr John Peryer (Des Peryer's Son) ran the business until 2007 when it was on sold to Terry Longley & Son of Havelock North.
Retaining the Tong and Peryer name was paramount as the company had been in existence for over 130 years and held a special place in Hastings Funeral Directing history, serving many Hawke's Bay families over the years.
Shortly after that time the business was also relocated to new premises at 509 Queen St West, Hastings. The new premises at Queen Street are now able to offer, Private Family Lounges and Visitation Rooms to allow family and friends the opportunity to visit and pay the last respects in peaceful surroundings.
Tong & Peryer are proud to be associated with the New Zealand Independent Funeral Homes. New Zealand Independent Funeral Homes (NZIFH), was formed by a group of leading New Zealand Funeral Directors to 'Set the Standard' in client service, Funeral Home premises and training.
All members of NZIFH must;
• Be independent New Zealand family owned and operated.
• Up hold the NZIFH Mission statement.
• Have proprietor(s) that are recognized as having many years of experience in Funeral Service and are acknowledged by their peers in NZIFH as leaders in their profession.
• Have Personnel that are well trained, professional and experienced and are encouraged to pursue continuing education Demonstrate high standards of professionalism, integrity and ethics.
• Have a reputation for caring, personal service.
• Occupy Funeral Home buildings and facilities that are recognized as being of a superior standard.
NZIFH Mission Statement
"To promote amongst its members the highest standards of professionalism, integrity and ethics, a spirit of co-operation and support, and service excellence through ongoing education, to benefit the communities they serve"
There are no customer reviews yet